Saturday, November 13, 2010

Prisoners to practicality

Why are we stuck living in a practical world? I want to have fun and to do things for no real reason. I want to be able to pack up my ’98 Tiburon and drive cross country. To live, explore and experience things. I want to drop off the face of the earth, and move to the city; however in this life time, in this day and age, I am expected to be responsible and practical.

I know that there are numberless explanations and arguments as to why I have to “grow up” and be responsible, but I am not making an appeal to logos. In fact, I am promoting the nonsensical. I am talking to your inner child, your imagination. I am trying to recall the mindset when it made sense to color an elephant bright purple.

I am making a call to action. A call to those of you who still think that life is meant to be fun, to those few who still believe unrequited love is truly romantic and that a princess or a prince charming is something we can be when were “older.” I am declaring that we take this life a little less seriously. That we paint the world with our enthusiasm and we remind society that “black and white” is not reality, but simply an unfinished coloring page.


Art: Let's take this time to remember a man who never forgot that a life taken too seriously was one never enjoyed. he once said, “I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.”  - Dr. Seuss


Fashion: lets take classic and imagine it in a new way shoes from the very same Dr. Seuss 


Music: To end today's post i want to leave you with a fairly well known artist Owl City, and how he reminds us that sometimes we just have to create our own adventures
 

No comments:

Post a Comment